Monday, August 08, 2005

Saturday, August 6


Saturday morning back at home. These are the tomatoes in the back yard.

I left Mesa Verde on Thursday afternoon and drove straight to Denver, about 9 hours, and got a motel room for my flight back the next morning. I ended up driving through the mountains at night during a thunderstorm. I could just see the lines on the road in front of me. I had to imagine the rock wall and dropoff which I knew where on either side of me. At Wolf Creek Pass the road was down to one lane because they were dynamiting the side of the mountain to widen the road.

Just past the pass was a small gas station with 8 hummingbird feeders. Each one must've had a half dozen birds each, all fighting for the nectar. It was a good place to stop for gas and water.

It was a stressful morning Friday the next day with packing and cleaning the junk out of the car. I ended up leaving some coleman fuel and firewood near the dumpster. Hopefully someone could use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home